Los Angeles – September 18, 2020 – The Jacks knew the road would be long when they decided to pursue their rock ‘n’ roll dream. So when lockdowns, shutdowns and closures derailed their national tour — including a performance at SXSW — just after the March 6 debut of their second EP, Remember You (EDGEOUT Records/UMe), Jonny Stanback (lead vocals/rhythm guitar), Tom Hunter (lead guitar, vocals), Scott Stone (bass guitar, vocals) and Josh Roossin (drums/percussion) forged their own path to navigate these historic times.
With a quick pivot for these times, The Girls At The Rock Show did the SXSW interview that “should have been.” Spin tapped Roosin for his ultimate living room playlist. Over the summer, they took all safety precautions and filmed “Threw It All Away” live in the studio so fans that couldn’t make it to their various shows could experience a “live” show.
“We absolutely love being on the road so when our nationwide tour came to a halt it definitely was upsetting,” said The Jacks. “However, the safety of our fans always comes first, and it allowed us to really have undivided time to focus on creating more music. We are beyond thrilled with the music we have been creating during these unprecedented times and can’t wait to share it when it’s ready.”
After writing, recording and releasing two EPs back to back, during the break from touring, The Jacks went back to their songs and re-imagined a new way of listening to their albums with the up-tempo songs together titled I Don’t Mind, for September 18, and the down-tempo songs titled Have You Heard The News coming September 25.
Now, The Jacks celebrate one of the band’s most important milestones to date, being submitted for GRAMMY® consideration.
That focus and work ethic — along with their natural ability to infuse everything they do with energy, optimism and a sense of fun — is bolstered by a steadfast resolve to press onward.
Although their game plan was temporarily sidelined, The Jacks have an impressive run of achievements to date:
· In June 2019, The Jacks released their self-titled debut EP. Their single, “Walk Away,” released in May 2019, premiered at DWP’s Sonic Temple and has surpassed 2M streams to date.
· Supported by more than 30 radio stations, The Jacks have amassed over 2,000 spins.
· Also on radio, their singles have been in the top 50 at Alternative radio; their third single, “Just A Little Bit,” dropped at radio this week.
· Since the release of Remember You, the singles “Just A Little Bit” and “Threw It All Away,” have surpassed 1.5M and 700K streams respectively.
· Across all platforms, The Jacks have amassed 5.3M streams.
· Every single has landed in the top 10 of Apple Music’s New Rock Playlist.
· In January 2020, The Jacks played the Boardner’s By La Belle first Rocker Ball.
· Last year, they were chosen as the house band for the NHL awards show. Their single, “Walk Away” was licensed to the NHL for the Stanley Cup Finals and ESPN for college football.
· They performed their first EP at the Super Bowl LIII side stage.
· Last year’s holiday single, “In The Bleak Midwinter,” gained 400K+ streams.
· In 2019, The Jacks sold out the Troubadour, an iconic Sunset Strip club in Los Angeles, and toured with Wade Cota.
· The Jacks were the first band signed to EDGEOUT Records in January 2019 and prior to signing spent time in development, now known as The STUDIO.
With multiple GRAMMY® Award-winning producer Joe Chiccarelli (The Reconteurs, The White Stripes, My Morning Jacket, Minus The Bear, Frank Zappa, among many other rock greats) at the helm of Remember You, The Jacks’ second EP in less than a
year, the band once again delivered original songs infused with their passion for guitar-driven, groove-propulsive rock ‘n’ roll that is sung with sassy grit (“Threw It All Away”), heartfelt angst (“We Were Only Young”) and emotion (“Olivia”), or soaring anticipation (“The Only One”).
Stanback, Hunter, Stone and Roossin not only pour their heart and soul into everything they do, but they pour their experiences into further defining a sound that’s all their own while harnessing the spirit of their influences (the British Invasion of the ‘60s and ‘70s, Southern Rock). Remember You, the follow-up to The Jacks, their self-titled debut EP released June 2019, may have encountered what is arguably the “new normal” but the momentum for The Jacks as one of the most exciting new rock and roll bands to emerge from Los Angeles is just ramping up.
REMEMBER YOU CREDITS
All songs written by Jonny Stanback, Tom Hunter, Scott Stone, Josh Roossin
Produced and engineered by Joe Chiccarelli
Assistant Engineer: Bill Mims
Mixed by Ken Sluiter
Mastered by Brian Lucey at Magic Garden
Executive Producer: Tony Guanci
A&R: Cheryl Benson-Guanci
ABOUT EDGEOUT RECORDS
EDGEOUT Records officially launched in December 2018 with a mission to find the world’s next up-and-coming rock bands and artists, giving them access to a new artist development program The STUDIO. Learn more in this Pollstar story about the label.